The Senior Project Manager is a key team member, responsible for managing a portfolio of projects which includes planning, coordination, and implementation of each project within the scope of client-driven budgets, timelines, and quality expectations. They also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
As our project managers are the primary point of contact between George Blood LP and the institutions we interact with, the ideal candidate brings excellent people skills combined with audiovisual and project management experience. This position offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to be immersed in a resource-rich environment at a fast-growing company.
- Communicate with client through life of project to manage client expectations, provide updates and provide superior customer service
- Manage preservation projects from inception to completion; work directly with upper management
- Create and review proposals and contracts to understand the scope and budget for implementation
- Create project plans with timelines and milestones for internal production teams
- Monitor project deliverables, including shipments, metadata, and quality control for timely completion
- Update relevant stakeholders and team members on project progress
- Monitor progress against project budget and create client invoices
- Collaborate with the multiple departments responsible for project execution
- Work with staff programmers to develop tools for managing media and metadata
- Coach and support colleagues as needed to foster ongoing project progression
- Proactively address potential obstacles to keep projects on track; make recommendations to improve process as needed
Education and Skills
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science preferred, or comparable work experience
- 3-5 years experience in audiovisual archives and digitization preferred, including skills such as:
- Knowledge of audio and video digital file formats and their application
- Understanding of the file delivery, processing, and storage workflows common in media production environments and digital preservation
- Experience with metadata, spreadsheets, and data cleanup
- Experience handling client relationships
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and remain positive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle a high volume, process- and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- A desire to learn and grow on the job
- $70,000 salary, or more, commensurate with experience
- This position can be partially remote, with one day a week allotted to working from home.
- Professional development encouraged and conference attendance (one per year) sponsored by company
- Eligible for company’s benefits package, including company-sponsored medical insurance (Independence Blue Cross); voluntary SIMPLE-IRA contributions with matching; and 15 days PTO, as well as company holidays.
How to Apply
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please use the subject line “Your Name – Senior Project Manager”.