LAC Group seeks a Senior Project Archivist for a year long onsite archival project in Los Angeles, CA. The main responsibilities for the position will be archiving political collections (both physical and digital) and managing several support staff. This is a full-time, benefited position.
- Archiving and processing political collections and finding aids using EAD.
- Manage and resolve issues (e.g. copyright, donor restrictions, permissions, public access) related to and specific archival practices for legislative archives and/or political papers comprising multiple physical and digital formats.
- Processing born-digital files in archival collections, including utilizing best practices in and tools for harvest, arrangement, description, and management of born-digital materials (e.g., format validation and conversion methods, data integrity techniques and technologies, a wide range of computing operating systems, storage systems, and file formats)
- ALA credited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science with an emphasis in archiving or a Master’s Degree in History/Public History with archival is required.
- At least 5+ years of archives processing specifically large multi-format collections. Experience with political or legislative archives is a plus.
- 4+ years of digital archiving experience
- Previous experience directing/managing the work of a paraprofessional staff or students in archive setting is strongly preferred.