LAC Group seeks a part-time Photo Technician for a project based in New York City. The primary tasks of this position include executing high-quality photo scans of original photo archive assets. This position also requires post-scan quality control, cropping, color correction and dust-busting using Adobe Photoshop or similar software products. The position offers flexible scheduling, day/night. Total hours commitment weekly averages 20-30 hours depending on availability and production volumes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone working freelance or is looking for a flexible schedule.
- Sort photos by element type, condition, title, subject, etc.
- Carefully handle and prepare images for scanning procedures
- Re-sleeve and re-house images according to established standards
- Properly capture and/or assign unique image identification number with accuracy and record appropriate caption and catalog metadata according to project requirements and standards
- Maintain, review and assure 100% QC of all scans and data
- Apply color correction, cropping, sizing and cleaning fixes to images as needed
- Repackage originals for return to archive
- Electronically deliver completed files and datasets per project requirements, regularly and within prescribed timelines and delivery standards
- Periodically clean, adjust and calibrate equipment to assure consistency
- Track and Report on daily / weekly productivity
- Education – Degree in Photography, Broadcasting, and/or Film is helpful.
- Previous photo scanning and photo handling experience – knowledge of handling delicate photos, formats, scanning equipment, adobe photoshop, processing and techniques and knowledge of negative, prints and duplicates, etc.
- Knowledge of broadcast, media and 20th century Americana history is helpful
- Computer literate, basic understanding of inventory management software, knowledge of IMS and MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, focus and accurately sort and keep track of physical items in a fast-paced environment.
- Legible handwriting is a MUST and is an essential part of the job.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., sit and stand for long periods of time, Ability to read small print and view details on images, negatives and prints
- Capable of troubleshooting technical issues
- Good organizational, time management skills essential.
- Must be reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedules provided
- Must be punctual and be able to demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of successfully working independently
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately