LAC Group is seeking a Temporary Media Cataloger for an archiving project with our client, a prestigious media and entertainment company, located in Santa Monica. This position will be responsible for tracking physical assets and inventory in the Xytech Database as well as material handling. This is an ongoing, full-time role.
- Extensively utilizing the Xytech Database System by inputting and creating records accurately from physical assets;
- Create accession inventories for small physical or digital collections (physical collections may be done via spreadsheet / manual data entry; digital requires proficiency with file analysis tools)
- Catalog physical media assets in Xytech MediaPulse
- Occasionally assist with re-boxing and re-inventory of migration returns under the supervision of physical asset traffic supervisor
- Spot check the full delivery of OCF LTO dailies by determining that every tape contains content
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with a database; Knowledge of the Xytech database system is a plus.
- A general understanding of post-production and archive workflow practices with an ability to identify and retain knowledge of film, video and audio formats;
- Must be a detail-oriented team player with strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to lift and handle 10 – 20 lbs or less.