The Media and Technical Executive will be working in a vibrant and innovative environment that
brings together Asian films and people. If you are looking for a meaningful job, are determined and
dedicated, you could be the person we are looking for.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development, administration and security of applications and tools of IT assets
like websites, database, servers
- Work closely with AFA’s Collections team and coordinate with appointed system integrators
to ensure data security procedures are in place, testing on data systems
- Recommend tools to manage metadata and research, data analysis and administration
- Knowledge in web-based content management systems like Word Press, Drupal or Joomla
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle database, Windows and Linux server administration, social media analytics wraggling tools are all advantages
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, engineering, multimedia engineering or any other relevant field.
Background in multimedia, film, or related industries would be an advantage.
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in digital technology environment or other relevant
industry. Fresh graduates with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- Good proficiency in English for writing of proposals and business cases.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task between various projects.
- Able to self-manage and work independently, but also work well in a team.
- Troubleshoot, resolve issues, and communicate technical knowledge clearly.
- Liaising with vendors on various media, IT and technology related matters.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bridge the gap between the analogue and digital film world.
- Rare chance to work with legacy film materials and magnetic media.
- Attend international conferences and training sessions to keep abreast with the latest
development in film preservation, restoration, and film related technologies.
- Be part of a dynamic team passionate about the preservation and access of Asian films.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject
header “Media and Technical Executive 2019”. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About the Asian Film Archive
Asian Film Archive (AFA) is a subsidiary of the National Library Board. It preserves the rich film heritage of Asian Cinema encourages scholarly research on film, and promotes a wider critical appreciation of this art form.