PBS Distribution is looking for an Associate Manager, Program Data for their Arlington, VA office. This position is responsible for the creation and management of content metadata, overall management and execution related to Rightsline cataloging, and processes that support this metadata for discovery as well as distribution across all PBS Distribution businesses.
Data Management & Operations:
- Manage the overall process of metadata acquisition, structure and integrity of program data
- Responsible for program data integrity and timeliness of data entry
- Act as product expert on processes and structure of catalog data, ensuring compliance and adherence to best practices—including formulating and maintaining metadata standards
- Work collaboratively across departments in order to optimize information organization, discovery, and access
- Create and update all related documentation regarding data input processes, procedures and systems
- Advise on broader initiatives such as digital asset management in the cloud and on premises as related to core metadata
- Assist with formulating and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures, Best Practices and documentation for the Rightsline system on behalf of PBS Distribution
- Ensure data integrity and ensuring across various business platforms
- Act as point person with PBS on day-to-day operations, data conformity and procedures
- Train other employees on Rightsline system and processes as required
- Assist Production, Operations and Technology teams with documentation as needed
Communication and Information Dissemination:
- Day-to-day contact with PBS (parent company) on definitions and system structure
- Keep management informed on issues and operations
- Work with Production and Operations team to understand core data requirements
- Advise on file naming conventions, and other aspects of organization and data management to facilitate better workflow and processes
- Understanding of cataloging best practices
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, digital video delivery specifications, metadata and XML creation
- Knowledge of PBS programming, policies and procedures a plus
- Knowledge of EIDR structure and implementation processes
- MSOffice, Microsoft Access, file sharing applications and services and video editing skills a plus
- Must be extremely detail oriented, resourceful, self-directed and creative problem-solver
- Ability to multi-task; coordinate several projects, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
- Minimum 3-4 years of data management or digital asset project management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize within a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- College degree in Mass Communications, Library Science, or Business or equivalent experience.